Just wanted you to notice that what I’m looking for in a church is not a legalistic church but a Biblical church.
I did not include the following items in the post What to Look for in a Church:
1) Ladies must wear dresses at all times.
2) Ladies must never cut their hair.
3) Ladies all must have long hair.
4) The pastor is always right – you are wrong.
5) Church cannot use drums or any instrument other than a piano in worship.
6) Only a KJV Bible is acceptable – Bible checked at the door. If it is good enough for Moses and Paul it is good enough for you.
7) Dresses must be ankle length or no more than two inches from shoes. Tape measure at the door.
8 ) American flag must be displayed on the stage.
9) Christian flag must also be displayed.
10) All Movie viewing must be banned.
11) Full tithing is required or church discipline will ensue.
12) Members must be present at all services unless an pre-approved excuse is given.
13) All men must wear beards.
14) No man may have hair that touches the ear or collar. If it is good enough for the military, it is good enough for the Lord.
15) Driving a new car shows a preoccupation with material things.
16) Ladies wearing bright colors are vain – only black, brown, and blue will be accepted.
17) If it isn’t in the approved hymnal, it can not be sung.
18) Absolutely no electronic music or media to be used in the church.
19) Pastor must always wear a three-piece suit.
20) No smiling or looking like you are happy – we must all be sober and reflective at all times.
This would be a lot more humorous if it wasn’t actually happening in many churches.