1. What characteristics listed in 2 Timothy 3:2-5 are issues which you struggle with?
2 Timothy 3:2-5 (ESV)
2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good,
4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
2. Have you known people who appeared godly and yet broke and revealed they were just hollow shelled “Christians” who had an appearance of godliness without the power?
3. Have you known false teachers in the church (even the church at large) who have tried to take away the weak with false teaching? What are some ways in which you guard yourself and your family from falling for these false teachers?
4. Are you a “weak woman” tossed about by every wind of doctrine that comes your way?
5. What are some false doctrines that you have fallen far? Are there other false doctrines that you’ve recognized and were able to spot the false teaching by being Berean?
6. What doctrines do you see a need for more Biblical understanding and teaching on?
For the full series of posts in order click below: