True Church Conference 2012
True Church Conference live-streamed.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Message 6 – David Miller – Christ and His Church
The text for the sermon is Matthew 16:13-18
A. The Founding of the Church
1. The church is a particular local congregation. The body, the building, the bride.
2. The church is an institution. This is an abstract principle. But the abstract has its manifestation in the local particular congregations.
3. The church is a reference to the broader family of God. But even this church will be local and visible.
B. The Founder of the Church
1. The character of the founder – He is the Son of the living God
2. The condescension of the founder – He is the Son of Man.
3. The Christ – He is God’s anointed one. He is God’s prophet, priest, and king.
a. Jesus Christ believed in the inerrancy of scripture.
b. Jesus believed in the literal interpretation of scripture.
c. Jesus believed in the atoning power of the blood.
d. Jesus ministers in a sanctuary made without human hands.
e. Christ alone is priest of the church.
f. Jesus Christ alone is the only potentate of the church.