Peanut Butter Brownies
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Using a 9 by 13 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Spray the parchment with Pam.
- Melt butter and add the sugar; stir to combine. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Mix in cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add flour and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack. (Note: Don’t over cook.)
- While the brownies are cooling, make the peanut butter filling. Combine the ingredients and beat until smooth. Add more milk if necessary to make it spreadable. Spread in an even layer over the brownies. Place in the refrigerator until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
- While the filling is setting, make the ganache, combine the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Melt together and combine. Pour the ganache over the top and spread gently. Return to the fridge until set.
- Lift out of pan and cut into pieces. Store in refrigerator.